This light and fluffy sponge cake recipe from Buddy Valstro will have everyone at your gathering begging for another slice.
Italian Vanillla Sponge Cake
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Buddy Valstro Buttercream Icing
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl or in a stand mixer for 4 minutes.
- Add sugar and vanilla extract and continue mixing for 4 to 5 minutes until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add this mixture to the sugar and eggs and mix on low speed until well-combined.
- In a saucepan, heat butter and milk on low until well-combined.
- Add the milk and butter mixture to the batter and mix until combined.
- Grease 2 8" round baking pans. Pour mixture in to pans.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the center of the cake bounces back up when touched.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes. Turn pans upside down to remove cake. Let cool on a wire rack before decorating.
Refrigerate or freeze until ready to decorate. If desired, top with Buddy Valastro's Buttercream Icing.
Looking for the perfect buttercream icing or fondant for your cake? Order online today at BuddyVFoods.com.